(The Hi - Tech Institution)
Jairam Arts & Science College
Salem - 636008
Co.Ed. Affiliated to Periyar University, Tamil Nadu
The College Discipline Committee is constituted for the maintenance of discipline in the college. The committee will ensure that students obey rules and remain orderly and peaceful in the pursuant of educational objectives/goals in the college community.
|Sno||Name of the Member||Designation & Department|
|2||Mr. K. Murugesan||Assistant professor in Tamil|
|3||Mr. G.Sathiyanarayanamoorthy||Assistant professor in Comp.Science|
|4||Mr. S.K.Kamarudeen||Assistant professor in Commerce|
|5||Dr.N.Amudha||Assistant professor in Commerce|
|6||Mr. K.Venkadanathan||Assistant professor in Comp.Science|
- To ensure calm and peaceful academic atmosphere in the campus.
- To avoid physical confrontation among students.
- To conduct enquiries on report of indiscipilinary activities among students.
- To initiate model actions against students involved in indiscipilinary activities.
- To initiate steps to reduce violence, confrontation in future.
Responsibilities of Discipline committee
- To maintain and enforce strict discipline within the college campus.
- All the students should wear their ID Cards while they are in the campus and their respective class rooms.
- In case of any violation of dress code or disturbance in the class, the ID card will be confiscated from the student which will be handed over to the student on the same day with a warning and advice from the Disciplinary Committee Members.
- In case of any misbehaviour or violation of the college rules, the ID cards of the students will be kept with the Disciplinary Committee Members till the enquiry is over.
- To enforce total prohibition of cell phone usage by the students within the college campus. Please note that cell phone is prohibited in the college campus and if a student is found carrying a cell phone, it will be taken away and handed over to the Principal.
- To monitor the movement of the students in the college and prevent students loitering around in the corridors during the college working hours.
- To ensure that all the students attend classes without bunking and prevent them from leaving the college early. Please note that no student can leave the college early without prior permission from the concerned authorities.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the college campus and ensures that this is being strictly followed.
- To ensure that students maintain complete silence in the library.
- To maintain proper discipline in the college canteen and student waiting room during the college working hours.
- If any damage is caused to the college property by any student / group of students, the cost of the same will be recovered with a fine from the said student / group of this will be followed by disciplinary action.
- If any indiscipline is found by any of the students, warn them on the first instance. Take disciplinary action based on the rules and regulations of the committee, if the pattern of misconduct continues.
- To assist the college anti-ragging committee in preventing ragging in the College and to spread anti-ragging campaign throughout the students community.