(The Hi - Tech Institution)
Jairam Arts & Science College
Salem - 636008
Co.Ed. Affiliated to Periyar University, Tamil Nadu
Anti Sexual Harassment Committee
As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court an Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee has been established by the college to provide a healthy atmosphere to the students of the college.
Anti Sexual Harassment Committee deals with issues relating to sexual harassment. The committee is formed to prevent sexual assault, rape and other related crimes on girl students.
Goal : Prevention of sexual harassment to ensure safe environment for girl students for the studies.
|Sno||Name of the Member||Designation & Department|
|2||R. Srivithya||Assistant professor in Statistics|
|3||S. Prabu||Assistant professor in Statistics|
|4||R. Prema||Assistant professor in English|
|5||Dr.N.Amudha||Assistant professor in Commerce|
- To develop guidelines and norms for policies against sexual harassment
- To develop principles and procedures to combat sexual harassment
- To work out details for the implementation these policies.
- To prepare a detailed plan of actions, both short and long term
- To organize gender sensitization awareness programme.
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee
- Unsavory remarks
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment
- Innuendos and taunts
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings
- Forcible physical touch or molestation
- Physical confinement against one's will and any other act likely to violate one's privacy
Sexual Harassment Committee assures all the complaints of the students, teaching and non-teaching staffs are treated with dignity and respect and the complaints should be maintained confidential.